Training is important when implementing a Fleet Management System to make sure that your organization knows how to use the system and why.
How to successfully train your organization
We have identified the following recommendations to ensure a successful training:
- Introduce the system to all users
- Book extensive workshops for the office
- Identify super users, who can act as internal trainers
- Inform the vessels of the what, why and how
- Communicate regularly with the vessels once the system is launched
- Create simple how-to videos showing your internal workflows in the system
- Train superintendents on a regular basis when ashore
Training is of course most relevant in the implementation phase, but you should never stop improving. No matter if you are a new or an experienced SERTICA user, training is the key to success.
We recommend dividing the training in different levels to ensure the right focus for each user. You could for example divide the users into daily users and super users within Maintenance, Procurement and Safety.